Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Saturday, February 12, 2005

So not what I expected

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a teacher. When I was in second grade I would sit behind a tree during recess at Marshallville Elementary school with a small notebook and "grade" papers that my "students" had done. I kept a gradebook. I would make worksheets using old carbon paper passed down from my Grandma Charlotte. I asked for school supplies for Christmas. Most kids wanted to go to Toys R Us...I wanted to go to Wooster Office Supply. During summer break I would dress up almost everyday and force my younger brother to play school. He had homework, which he was expected to do. I bought old text books and an old school desk from the Goodwill. Obsessive? Maybe. Passionate? I guess. Now that my first year of teaching is a little more than half over can I just say that it isn't at all what I have been dreaming about...Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/16/2005 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember those old school playing days, and always going to Wooster office supply... I'm very proud of you.

    Love, Mom

     
  • At 2/16/2005 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you should keep playing school, then it might not be so difficult at times. Or, practice on your little brother again:)xo g

     
  • At 2/16/2005 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you should keep playing school, then it might not be so difficult at times. Or, practice on your little brother again:)xo g

     

Post a Comment

<< Home