Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

12/6/05

Hello...

Ok, so I didn't know how much work being a mother really is. Yesterday Jonathan and I had our first outting alone together. I felt like I was having to pack for a 2 day trip. I still don't know exactly how to pack a diaper bag, like how much stuff to take. I seem to overpack a bit. It was fun though, we went to the mall and we walked around until my brother went on his lunch break (He works at Robinson's May) and then we had lunch with him. He is such a proud uncle! He was showing Jonathan off to everyone! It was so cute.

Jonathan also had another Dr. appt. yesterday because last week the doctor detected a heart murmur, and she wanted to recheck it this week to see whether or not Jonathan would have to go to a cardiologist...thankfully though she didn't hear it yesterday. She said that is quite common with infants. Also, Jonathan hit the 7 pound mark! 7 pounds and 3/4 ounces. He is so chubby! I love it.

So, the time of me having to go back to work is quickly approaching. I'm crushed. I don't want to go back. I have no idea what I'm going to do with Jonathan when I go back. I have to go back to work, there is no way around that. I've called a few day care centers (which I HATE the thought of leaving him at one...) but they are either filled to capacity, scary looking or really expensive. Some day cares are like 200+ dollars a week! It's crazy. I'm hoping someone from church will offer to take care of him or something. Maybe I'll just hide him in my desk at work. Please keep this issue in your prayers, I don't want to make the wrong decision.

4 Comments:

  • At 12/07/2005 7:23 AM, Blogger kristen said…

    Praying for you...

    Do you know any SAHM's with toddlers or preschoolers who might be able to take him? I'd be bold and ask!

     
  • At 12/07/2005 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sure something will come up. Things are going to start going forward for you - soon! Jonathan is lucky to have his Uncle Cory in his life. Take care, lv - g

    p.s. what is SAHM's?

     
  • At 12/07/2005 2:18 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Stay At Home Mom

     
  • At 12/08/2005 10:06 AM, Blogger kristen said…

    Oooh! A hotsling, you lucky momma!

    Still praying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home