Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Saturday, December 02, 2006

NAU

Well, I have applied for grad school. A little scary. Money will be tight, but I want to get it out of the way before Jonathan gets any bigger, and busier. I decided to go to Northern Arizona University. It is in Flagstaff, but they have a great distance learning program where I can take most of my classes here in the valley, or online. Now all I need is a computer! I also decided to go into Early Childhood, that way I can use my degree if I go ahead and decide to open up a preschool like I've been thinking about doing for a few years.

We have been busy...still unpacking and what not. It's a slow process.

My mom's husband Marty has become very sick, we don't really know what is wrong with him, and I know she doesn't want a lot of details out, but he is in the ICU, and from what the doctors say, he will be there for at least a month. Please pray for her during this time, because with him unconscious (how do you spell that word?) in the ICU, that means no income...and plus, it's never fun when a family member is so sick.

Things with my job are currently up in the air. It's been a very stressful year. I can't really go into the details because it would just seem like an angry employee lashing out at their employer...it's just bad. I can't wait for this school year to be over. I have no joy in it this year. But I love the kids, and I go to work for them...no one else!

Church is going great. I've met a lot of really great people who have been a good support system for me. I have started going to another church, and I got involved teaching a 10th grade girls Life Group. It's been challenging, and fun. Back in October the youth group went on "Destination Zero" a trip modeled after "The Amazing Race." The goal was to become as much of a "zero" you could while serving others. We were split up into teams, and we would have to solve puzzles, which would lead us to our missions...which were service projects all over the valley...it was fun...and can I just say, our team won? woo hoo! Our team was so awesome, and the kids in the group were amazing. They were in it to serve, not to win, and I think that is what made all the difference. It was a great time...although it made me feel really old.

Well, this has been a long post, I just don't get to do this as much as I would like....sorry...but thanks for reading...

4 Comments:

  • At 12/03/2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Niki said…

    Wow, you sound like a busy momma, Erin! Way to go with Grad School! Scary but exciting I bet! Let us know how it goes! When do you start?

    Glad you have found a new church! I have been praying for that! Good to hear that you are involved and feeling supported in this place!

    Give your cutie a big hug from us! We think of you often and pray for you too! Thanks for the update! :)

     
  • At 1/16/2007 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, "Ewin", I love reading about you and Jonathan! Everytime I think of you, I check out the blog and see if there's new stuff. He really is adorable...and you look great too! ;) You sound like the most fun mom/teacher/youth leader ever!! I miss you still!! Love, Jenn

     
  • At 1/16/2007 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, "Ewin", I love reading about you and Jonathan! Everytime I think of you, I check out the blog and see if there's new stuff. He really is adorable...and you look great too! ;) You sound like the most fun mom/teacher/youth leader ever!! I miss you still!! Love, Jenn

     
  • At 1/26/2007 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Needing an update! How's life, Erin? Thinking of you and your boy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home