Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Monday, November 07, 2005

The details...

Ok, I said I would post details later and many have been asking for them...so here they are! On Friday the 28th I woke up with a fever and high blood pressure. When I called the doctor, she told me to go to the hospital, after they ran some labs I was then admitted to do a 24 hour test. We got the results on Sunday the 30th, which said I had preclampsia. The doctor was trying to decide on whether or not to put me on complete bed rest or to go ahead and induce labor. On Monday they decided to induce labor, which progressed very slowly. They wanted to wait until I was at least 35 weeks (which was Wednesday the 2nd) and then they broke my water at 7:15 am. After a long, hard day of labor without results I started to spike a fever around 10:00 p.m. and so my doctor decided to do a cesarean. Jonathan was born at 10:33 p.m. and they realized his lungs were not fully developed. So, unable to breathe on his own, they admitted him into Phoenix Children's Hospital NICU. His goals are to start breathing on his own, to begin to eat on his own, and to gain weight. Then he will be able to come home. They took him off of his oxygen today and they began to try and feed him yesterday. He is not doing very well with the whole bottle thing. He isn't organized enough to breathe, suck, and swallow at the same time, but he is working very hard at it. What he doesn't eat from the bottle, they feed him through a tube, so he should start gaining weight soon! Thanks again for all your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home