Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Sunday, January 28, 2007

OH MY

Has it really been that long since I have blogged? I would really love to do it more often...and post pictures everyday of my beautiful son...but I just can't! Hopefully I will be able to get a computer soon...but I'm not holding my breath. Things have been really crazy lately. The school I work for is...well, going under, yet I've decided to honor my contract...even though they have not honored theirs. As in: paycuts and lay offs. I will praise God when I can work in a school close to home next year. I'm just losing too much time with my kid. The paycut is really what is killing me, as if I wasn't already living paycheck to paycheck (which I HATE...) So, I don't know how, but we'll make it. God is faithful.
Jonathan is just growing like a weed. Seriously. I never really understood that phrase, but I'm seeing firsthand. He is so smart. He knows many signs now, and uses them all the time. Some of his favorites are "helicopter" (which seems to not only include helicopters but birds and airplanes as well...) and "dog." He now tells me when to change his diaper as in he'll point to his booty and say "poop...uh oh..." and I have learned that is my cue. Potty training is coming soon. He is so beautiful and I love his hugs and kisses...he cracks me up too, like today he was pretending to be a dog...and he was crawling around and barking, and even crawled over to the dogs' bowls and pretended to eat from it. It was hilarious. His walking is getting better too...although now he is getting more daring, which has included him taking many falls...and hitting his head bunches. I still can't believe I get to be this kid's mom. It's awesome.
Personally, things are going ok. STILL trying to get the last few things unpacked...! I am putting off school until I can get a computer, so that is a bummer, but it's much better to wait I think.

Well, it's off to church, if I'm late Jonathan gets mad because his girlfriend Emily will be waiting (see the previous post "Emily, her name rolls off my tongue....not sure which date it is, and I don't have time to look it up right now...!!) They adore each other, and will just sit and stare and smile. Jonathan always greets her with a kiss and they try to hold hands and walk (even though neither one is coordinated enough to pull this off, they still try!)

Ok, I promis some time this week there will be pictures on here...and on Jonathan's as well...he will have a lot to say...as a matter of fact, he is never quiet anymore...!

Hey...note to Jenn...email me so I know how to get in touch with you!! I've been wanting to talk to you, but I lost your contact info!!!! Love you!

3 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2007 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for posting again. yeah, it's hard to stay consistant.
    well love and miss you

     
  • At 2/09/2007 12:37 PM, Blogger Niki said…

    You've been tagged!

    http://coastalslingmommy.blogspot.com/2007/02/weird-things-about-me-ive-been-tagged.html

    Wanna play??

     
  • At 2/09/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger Around the World said…

    Hey Erin...I was reading your blog too - you have had an interesting few years! Your baby is so cute!!! Let's catch up soon...so much has happened since the LBC days!!!

    Keep in touch,
    LESLEY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home