Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Monday, March 14, 2005

One down...

...three to go. Oh yes, this is my last week before spring break! Thursday we have a field trip, so it's basically only 2 more days. Woo hoo. I can't believe how fast time has gone...it just seemed like a few weeks ago we were getting back from winter break. Today I had my first observation from the president of the organization. I think it went ok. I didn't know she was coming around, and she kind of caught me in the middle of a transition...but my students were so well behaved during the time she was in there. I was so proud of them. I also found a way to keep my "hyper active" student still. It was a suggestion from another teacher...he let me borrow a big excercise ball and told me to replace the ball with the child's chair. The student would then focus more of their energy on keeping his balance rather than moving around and getting out of his seat. Sure enough, it worked! The student stayed in his seat almost the whole day...he even participated and stayed attentive! It was awesome! I talked with his parents about it, and they were very excited about the little experiement, and wanted me to keep trying it. So we will see about that!

1 Comments:

  • At 3/15/2005 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our Spring Break starts April 4, so I understand what you are saying:) Sounds good regarding the "President". The student using the ball, is that the one that "loves to sing that song"? Keep smiling - g

     

Post a Comment

<< Home