Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Sunday, February 27, 2005

It's Sunday already?

Another weekend has quickly gone by, and I can't believe it's Sunday already. I don't want to go to school tomorrow. I have a lot of work to do getting activities ready for this week. Sometimes I just don't feel like working at home. Do other teachers spend this much time working on materials at home or is it just me? Or is it just because this is my first year? I work in a school that does not provide any materials for the teachers and it does not have text books! So pulling materials together for a lesson is sometimes very difficult. There has got to be an easier way, I just don't know what it is. So much of my time is spent on making copies (which our school does not have a copier...and the all in one I purchased for my house just broke this weekend...grrrr) and searching for websites for my lessons. I have learned to be somewhat resourceful, and somewhat creative...but it is such hard work for a first year teacher who has limited resources. Other teachers who have been in the profession for awhile don't seem to have as much difficulty with this. I think I need to find a school with a curriculum...with textbooks...with teacher support...! Good news, I went to the Department of Education and I found out as soon as I get my transcript sent in along with the 60 dollar fee, I can have my Arizona Certification, which means I can look for a job in a school with the books, support and materials. I can also find a school closer so I don't have to drive almost an hour to the other side of the valley to get to work everyday. That would be so wonderful. I'm burned out. I need to finish strong...

1 Comments:

  • At 2/27/2005 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erin, I understand that first
    year teachers struggle more than seasoned teachers; many of the dedicated seasoned ones also spend much time at school and at home preparing lessons. I do feel, that with the dedication you already have and with more experience, you will have what it takes to become a very good dedicated teacher. -g

     

Post a Comment

<< Home