Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Terra Nova

This past week my super smart second graders took their Terra Nova tests. It was hard, they were stressed, and many of them had severe test anxiety. When I handed out the math portion of the test, the first sample question was 8 + 7 = ? My students freaked out. They all froze! But after a few deep breathing excercises, and a few minutes of reassuring the students that I have taught them everything on the test and they know it well...they finally calmed down enough to take the tests. I believe they did very good. I am a little nervous about the results, because it seems like everyone points to the teacher when the results are good or bad. If they are bad, it's the stupid teacher's fault...because the teacher doesn't know how to teach. So, although it is hard work for the students, it is also a very stressful time for the teachers. I'm glad it's over.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/16/2005 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I am sure they did just fine!! I would like to see your class again - tell them HI for me. -g

     

Post a Comment

<< Home