Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thrifty...isn't that spelled with an "E"??

(That's an inside joke for my friend Lori...!!)

Ok, so in an attempt to get out of debt and stop spending so much money, I made a comittment to not buy anything brand new until further notice (ok, except for underwear...and diapers...) In my quest for financial freedom I found a glorious money saving opportunity...every other Saturday the Goodwill has 50% off day, where everything in the store is half off...! The store opens up at 7am, and by 6:45 there is a line wrapped around the store. It is like the day after Thanksgiving...and I love it. Here are some of the awesome deals I have come across...some of the actual prices are estimated, but the Goodwill prices are what I paid...

1. Large area rug (I've been eyeballing it at Target for a few months)...Target price $70.00...Goodwill price $15.00 (oh, and I got the matching runner for $10.00)

2. American Eagle Jeans Regular price $30.00+...Goodwill price $4.00

3. Gap jean capri's Regular price $30.00...Goodwill price $1.50

4. 3 pairs of Old Navy Jeans Regular price $25.00...Goodwill price $1.50 each
5. Hollister T-shirt Regular price $30.00...Goodwill price $1.00

6. 2 American Eagle T-shirts Regular price $20.00...Goodwill price $1.00 each

7. Pair of Croc's Regular price $30.00...Goodwill price $3.50 (ok, they are bright blue...but they are oh so comfortable...)

8. Pair of Nine West Black Boots Regular price $40.00+...Goodwill price $4.00

9. FisherPrice Corn Popper (Toy) Regular Price $10.00...Goodwill price $1.00

10. LeapFrog Alphabet Drum Regular Price $20.00+...Goodwill price $1.50

11. LeapFrog Alphabet Ball Regular price $20.00+...Goodwill price $1.50

12. Apples to Apples card game(still in plastic) Regular Price $25.00...Goodwill price $1.50

Ok, I'm bored...I've gotten a lot more stuff...but I'm just tired of typing it all out...

call me cheap, call me a tightwad, I don't care...Everything I've gotten looks brand new, and practically is...so judge me, I don't care...I've spent less than you have...!

4 Comments:

  • At 5/16/2007 5:09 PM, Blogger Kim Boucher said…

    right on!! i love thrift store shopping. wish we could go together.
    miss ya

     
  • At 5/23/2007 4:55 PM, Blogger Niki said…

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE good deals!!!

    A few years back I discovered garage sales! A great place to find kids toys for super cheap. So fun to hunt and bargain. Also kids books. I must have a million now, but being a teacher, I'm sure you understand!!!

    Hope you are well. When does school finish for the summer?

     
  • At 5/27/2007 4:01 PM, Blogger Beth's Blog said…

    I Love to go shopping at thrift stores......maybe we can go shopping when you visit Ohio.
    Your post reminded me of the time that you drew a picture of a goodwill building on the back of the projector, when we were showing Good Will Hunting!......Gosh I LOve that movie!

     
  • At 7/31/2007 1:54 PM, Blogger Kim Boucher said…

    it's about time for an update. don't you think? :)
    love ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home