Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Saturday, February 19, 2005

What I am reading:

Last night I started reading "A Shattered Visage; The Real Face of Atheism" by Ravi Zacharias. This is a book written to show the weaknesses in the atheistic argument. So far it has been very interesting, although I do need to spend a lot of time doing research on various items in the book so I can have a better understanding of the illustrations and concepts. Mr. Zacharias has a very advanced vocabulary...and I do not, which is why I chose to keep it simple and teach 2nd grade. Although many of the words do sound familiar I have no idea what they mean, or what I thought they meant doesn't seem to make sense so, I've had to look up words such as: "diametrically," "emasculate," "expiate," and a plethora of other words that I do not use in the daily agenda in second grade! I have also had to familiarize myself with various philosophers and their theories, for instance...can anyone tell me what Aristotelian-Ptolemaic cosmology is? Or what is the Copernican theory of the solar system? What was the Piltdown hoax? It seems to me this book may be more work than I thought...maybe I should just settle down to read "Charlotte's Web" again...I will keep you updated on my progress.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2005 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Charlotte's Web" sounds like a good choice to me!!! :) g

     

Post a Comment

<< Home