Poopy Diapers and Burp Rags

All things Jonathan

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Five Simple Words...

Well, today we had parent/teacher conferences and I'm not sure how other schools do it, but we have them on the last Thursday of EVERY month. I guess this is good for accountability, communication with parents etc., etc., etc., and so on and so forth, but it is so draining. I haven't quite grasped the hang of the parent/teacher conference, because I can't stand to give a parent "bad" news about their child (behavior, academics, whatever the issue is...) I don't like confrontation, and I have a hard time dealing with parents who think their child is a genius whenever they are simply "average." This doesn't mean their child is "stupid" - just normal. Anyway, I think I've learned the value of five simple words: "Your child is doing fine!" This phrase works wonders.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/28/2005 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "My Child is doing just fine." Very proud of you. Actually, you are doing way better than just fine. Love you to pieces.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home